CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Time Has A Way of Slipping Away

I did not realize that it has been so long since I did a post!



Busyness, Busyness, Business! What can I say? At times I can fill my time with utterly futile things and rob myself of the most important things in my life?



This last few months has been a time of coming to grips with a number of different things in my life some good, some bad. It has been a time of reflection and reevaluation of:


  • my strengths and weaknesses


  • needs and wants


  • the past the present and future


  • family and friends


  • THE BIGGEST ONE IS MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!

I have come to the realization that a lot of what I have held important in my life is not as important as I thought! On the opposite side of my thinking; the things I have taken for granted or thought of the least should be on my priority list!


I retired at the end of August. I felt that God was saying to me it was time to get out of the rush, rush rush of life and make some important valuable time to build my relationship with Him. My heart is yearning for that intimacy and closeness and getting to know the Lover of my soul. For too many years I have put Him on the backburner of my life!


Oh but again I became complacent and content where I was at. I took on work at home that soon had me busy and stressed. Once again the lure of money to finish our house came a long, when a local building supply was looking for an Office Manager. Busy, Busy Busy.


And Then......... A friend sent me this link and it gave me a wake up call!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJ-w5GSaYo


I was 3 weeks into my job and realized that it was robbing me of the One I should be setting my affections on! I was once again ( or should I say still) setting my mind on the things that should matter the least to me!


I did resign that position with in 3 weeks and I know that God has had a hand it that decision! I know that He wants the only "renovation project" that He wants me to focus on is my Relationship with Him!


Please pray for me! Lord, let today be the turning point! Show me and help me to cast out all the things that would rob me of spending time with You! Help me to be firm in my resolve!

0 comments: